Friday, November 18, 2016

The Illustrated Book of Sayings

The Illustrated Book of Sayings
Curious Expressions From Around the World
Ella Frances Sanders
28251046
This book is a logophile's dream. As a lover of words and sayings myself, I had to have this book. Each page shares a saying or phrase from a different country. It includes the meaning or meanings, where the saying originated, and some of the different uses. The opposite page is an illustration that is not only humorous, but fits with the topic. The hardcover and beautiful illustrations make this an excellent coffee table book to spark conversations or a gift for the logophile in your life.

Loved this book. It's definitely a keeper. I loved the way the illustrator combined not only the English wording for the saying, but also the saying in the country of origin into the illustrations. The author combines his own thoughts and often the American equivelant into the explanation which makes this fun as well. Overall, a book I can highly recommend and will be enjoying for quite some time.

I received this book from Blogging for Books. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: