Friday, November 4, 2016

The Broken Way

The Broken Way
A Daring Path into the Abundant Life
Ann Voskamp
27840581
All of us are broken in some way. And we yearn for authentic relationship, healing, intimacy with God, and more abundance. Many of us have unspoken brokens that we can't share with the world, a vulnerability that makes us feel exposed. What if that brokenness can lead us to Christ? What if that brokenness is what can ultimately heal us?

I am a huge fan of Voskamp, so I knew I'd love the book. That was a given. Her writing style is lyrical, poetic, thought provoking, and authentic. She writes from the heart, pouring out her soul to share with the reader. But I didn't expect it to rock me even more than her first book. There are pieces of this book that will speak to every single person out there. This is a book to read slowly, reread paragraphs and think, share with friends, live out. I'm thankful that she felt the call to share her broken so that so many people can follow the path to wholeness in Christ. This is definitely a Christian book, but the thoughts expressed can apply to anyone so don't let that stop you. Pick up a copy of this book for yourself and one for a friend so you can read together. I did and was doubly blessed. 

I received this book from Zondervan. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: