Sunday, November 6, 2016

The Growth Mindset

The Growth Mindset Coach
Annie Brock and Heather Hundley
28957159
 This book was written by two teachers for teachers to use in the classroom setting. It is a series of lessons and thoughts that help the teachers reach the students and teach them valuable life and learning lessons. There is a month-to-month program with activities, lesson plans, stories, sample letters, and feedback from other teachers. Each chapter has related stories, examples to implement the idea, questions to get the teachers thinking, and space for writing down thoughts or lesson plan ideas. 

Let me start by saying I'm not a teacher. I work closely with teachers in the field, but have not had the experience of teaching other than being a substitute occasionally. However, I do work with them and have children. I've read through this book and think it is very well laid out. The authors did a great job of writing something that wasn't boring, got me to thinking, gave practical ideas and illustrations, and seemed manageable. I will be passing this book on to my children's school, but from my view it is a great resource for teachers and well worth the read.

I received this book from the publisher. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: