Thursday, November 10, 2016

Another Day Another Dali

Another Day Another Dali
Serena Jones Mystery #2
Sandra Orchard
28637707
Serena Jones, an FBI agent, investigates a missing painting as a request from her grandmother. Her grandmother's friend had some artwork appraised, only to realize that it had been replaced with a forgery. But the deeper Serena digs into the case, the more it looks like this case is linked with another case. The Dali isn't the only painting that has been stolen and replaced with a forgery. The forgeries are good and are often not noticed for quite some time. 

I didn't notice when picking this book that it was the second in the series. I was able to follow the plot and the mystery without having read the first book. But I do think a couple of things would have been more clear had I read book one first. The plot moved quickly and the characters were well defined. I liked the energy and quirkiness of the main character, Serena. While this book is labeled as Christian fiction, I didn't really get a sense of that. It is definitely a clean novel with no bad words or sex, but there isn't really an element of faith other than the occasional quick prayer or mention of faith. So this book would appeal to people who enjoy a good mystery, but don't want to read about the faith talked about in the typical Christian fiction books. Overall, I enjoyed this book and look forward to picking up the first book and also reading the next books in the series.

I received a copy of this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: