Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Reunited by Christmas

Reunited by Christmas
Belle Calhoune
30073010
Liam has been grieving his wife, Ruby, for two years and trying to be the best single dad to their little son. So he's shocked to walk into the police station and see his late wife sitting in a chair with no memory of who she is, or that she's married with a son. She moves into the spare bedroom in their home in hopes of regaining her memory and reconnecting with her son. Yet something seems to be missing from the puzzle pieces she's given by her husband Liam. It's like he's keeping a secret.

This was an interesting, if unoriginal, plot. I enjoyed the story and thought the author did a great job of creating some drama between the couple. She was able to share some of the frustrations of a person with amnesia that I hadn't thought of before. I liked the little boy and the extended family and friends that helped round out the story. But there were so many people to remember and so many back stories that I felt like I was missing something almost every time the main characters interacted with one of the other people. I wouldn't really call this a stand-alone because of that. Overall, it was a nice story that, while not gripping, is quick entertainment for those who like clean romance with a Christian element.

I received this book from NetGalley. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: