Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Jesus Calling

Jesus Calling
Enjoying Peace in His Presence
Sarah Young
18848211
I received this book this book in the mail the other day with a note that it was a gift. But it didn't say who the gift was from. Still trying to figure that out. But I wanted to review it since I've been enjoying it so much.

The beautiful turquoise leather cover is etched with the title and a floral design. It has a ribbon book marker. The book begins with an introduction from the author and then moves into the devotionals for the month of January. Each month has a scripture verse that the devotionals seem to follow. Each day has a short thought and then two or three verses to look up. 

I've only read a few of the devotionals since I just received the book. But each of them are thought provoking and inspiring. I think the first word that comes to mind when thinking of this book is comforting. I adore the cover and would have probably liked the book based on that alone, but the devotionals are right on target and fit well with my crazy, busy life. This would make an excellent gift, but I highly recommend getting one for yourself as well. So a huge thank you to the person who gave me this wonderful book.

No comments: