Friday, October 14, 2016

Witness Pursuit

Witness Pursuit
Echo Mountain #5
Hope White
29502765
 Cassie arrives at a cabin to clean and restock the towels and finds a dead woman. Upon trying to leave for help she is startled by a man who proceeds to chase her into the woods. She barely manages to get away - that time. Now there is a killer or killers after her and she can't even figure out why. When police cheif Nate takes over as her protection, Cassie feels safer. But her heart is in grave danger is she is going to spend any more time in his presence. 

The book started off with burst of suspense and drama and didn't let up the entire book. Just when you think you know the players, the author changes things up or throws in a twist. The characters fit well with the plot and with each other. I wasn't aware when I grabbed this book that it was in a series. While it would have been nice to have some of the other character's back stories, it didn't detract from the main plot and I definitely think this can be read as a stand-alone. Overall, this is an author that I intend to read, her plots are complex, her characters are fun and entertaining, and I enjoy the elements of faith that she weaves through the story.

I received this book from NetGalley. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: