Friday, October 7, 2016

The Captive Heart

The Captive Heart
Michelle Griep
28956757
Eleanor, a governess, escapes England when her employer makes advances. She expects to be met by a man needing a governess for his children. When the man doesn't show up, she's purchased by Samuel to become a mother for his daughter. She doesn't expect the wild man who insists on marriage, but being penniless leaves her with no other option. 

This book begins with a bang and proceeds in the same way through the rest of the plot. Intrigue, suspense, and drama dog the footsteps of the couple as they try to weed their way through cultural differences, the beginnings of love, and a fledgling faith. I enjoyed the plot and how the author wove intricate details into the story. The character development was good and the backdrop for the story was well described and brought the story to life. I enjoy historical fiction, but don't usually pick this time period. I was glad that I did and I hope to enjoy more by this author in the future.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: