Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Obadiah Wilder

The Legend of Obadiah Wilder
The Glorious Defeat of the Dickenson Gang
Cactus Creek Challenge Prequel
Erica Vetsch
25091688
Obadiah is a legend in Cactus Creek. Many accounts of his exploits float around. But his good friend at the newspaper gets Obadiah to tell his story and then publishes it. This is that story. His son Ben knows all about the story because he was there. Now Ben is sheriff and his father's shoes are extremely big ones to fill.

I really enjoyed this short story. The author was able to capture my attention quickly. The characters are engaging and fit with the plot. The detail was sufficient to tell the reader what was happening and create a mental picture, but not so much that it overwhelmed the plot. This was my first experience with this reader and I really enjoyed it. The story was written to tie in with a book coming out soon. It definitely made me want to read the next book.

No comments: