Sunday, September 3, 2017

Beyond a Doubt

Beyond a Doubt
A Rock Harbor Mystery #2
Colleen Coble
15869690
 Bree is known for being able to find missing people. Her search-and-rescue dog, Samson, is just as famous. When she decides to remodel the basement in the lighthouse she owns, a body is discovered. This starts a train of events that will change the lives of everyone who lives in Rock Harbor and shed light on some lies people have believed for years. 

I'm a fan of Ms. Coble so it was no surprise that I enjoyed this story. She mixes mystery, suspense, romance, faith, and family so that they are seamless. The characters stand out and are distinguishable. I definitely enjoyed reading this book and raced through it. There were a few sticking points for me though, that made it not quite up to the five star quality. The romance was weak for me. Just didn't get the chemistry between the two main characters. The book is definitely NOT a stand alone and ends, for the most part, on a cliff hanger for most of the characters. I felt very lost for portions of the book because I could tell I was missing something. There is another Rock Harbor series that is more geared towards children and I wondered how many of those characters were in the book since it felt like I was missing way more elements than just the previous book. But I still enjoyed it and think that if I'd read everything previous to this book, it wouldn't have been an issue.

I received a copy of this book from Goodreads. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: