Tuesday, October 4, 2016

The Coincidence of Coconut Cake

The Coincidence of Coconut Cake
Amy E. Reichert
25650078
Lou's dream has been to own a restaurant. Her boyfriend pushes her to open a french restaurant, instead of the one that she had in mind. He feels that it is more "the thing". Her place is doing okay, but could use some good publicity. On the day that a anonymous critic arrives to try out the restaurant, Lou finds out her boyfriend is cheating on her. The bad review is going to sink the restaurant, but Lou is torn between despair and happiness. She has found a man who seems to understand her very soul. They don't discuss their work, they just have fun and tour the city learning more and more about each other. But what will happen when Lou finds out that her new man, Al is a restaurant critic?

For some reason, the cover and description didn't grab me. Took me forever to pick up this book and get started. Thankfully my first impressions were wrong. My attention was captured during the first few pages and I stayed glued the entire book. I loved the two main characters, but the secondary characters were just as integral to the story. They added so much flair and depth. I haven't read anything by this author before, but I'm definitely adding her other books to my list.

No comments: