Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Tangled Webs

Tangled Webs
Men of Valor #3
Irene Hannon
28637715
Finn, the youngest McGregor brother, is borrowing a friends cabin for a month to see if he can get back on track. A former Army Ranger that is now out due to injuries, he's suffering from smothering big brothers and some PTSD. When he's awakened by screams in the middle of the night, he goes into defense mode. He finds another cabin with a young woman, obviously suffering from her own tragic past. Her nightmares drove her to seek refuge in her grandparents cabin in hopes that the peace and quiet would calm her. But an Army Ranger breaking into her home in the middle of the night is not exactly calming. 

I love how this author starts out her books. The plot grabs you and sucks you in. The parts suspense, part romance novel was fast paced, but had some sweet moments as well. I loved the two characters, I felt like they fit well together. The author did a great job of portraying the effects of PTSD. The secondary characters were small town and sometimes hilarious. I also liked the inclusion of the other two brothers from the previous books. While this is in a series, it can definitely be read as a stand alone. Also I was so sure I knew how it would end. But it wasn't guy rescues girl like most romances are, so I was surprised, but loved it. Overall, I would definitely recommend this book if you like suspense, clean romance, and christian elements.

I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher. All opinions are my own.

1 comment:

Irene Hannon said...

So glad you enjoyed this, Tima! Thanks for the great review.