Friday, October 21, 2016

Guide Me Home

Guide Me Home
Kim Vogel Sawyer
27774305
Rebekah feels responsible for her brother Andy's death in the cave near their home. Her parents are incredibly poor and her mother can't seem to get over her grief. When her mother expresses a wish for a proper headstone for Andy, Rebekah decides to get a job working for the owner of the caves so she can quickly earn enough money for the headstone. What she doesn't expect is to fall in love, with both the caves and one of the guests.

This story started out incredibly slow for me. I had to really force myself to keep reading. About a third of the way into the book the plot picked up pace and I was able to read the rest quickly. Once the book picked up, I really enjoyed the story and the characters. They grew both as characters and on me as the reader. The book is based on the history surrounding Mammoth Caves and I appreciated how much of it the author was able to pull in while staying true to the characters and the plot. Overall, this was a fun book to once I became invested. Since I've enjoyed other books by this author, I will definitely be reading more of her books in the future.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: