Wednesday, March 29, 2017

The Perfect Pumpkin

The Perfect Pumpkin
Teandra Knapp
33097196
Mother and daughter arrive at a pumpkin patch to pick out the perfect pumpkin for carving. But as time goes on, the mother realizes that her daughter's version of a perfect pumpkin is far from her own. The little girl wants a pumpkin that is so different and dis-formed that no one else wants it. She intends to give it a loving home when no one else will.

My daughter enjoyed reading the book and picked up on the message that the author was trying to convey. The illustrations were colorful and filled every page. The story is sweet and can be the opener for deeper conversations with young children. My only complaint was the lack of editing. I found quite a few grammatical errors that jumped out at me. I know I'm an adult and this is a children's book, but several of the errors were such that the story could be confusing or read incorrectly. Cleaned up, this is a cute story with a great message.

I received a copy of this book. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: