Tuesday, March 14, 2017

The Elusive Miss Ellison

The Elusive Miss Ellison
Carolyn Miller
30851451
Lavinia Ellison lost her mother due to the thoughtlessness of a member of the Hawkesbury family. So when the brother arrives in her village she makes the assumption that he is the same arrogant, careless type of person. But the more time she spends with Nicholas, the more she realizes he is not anything like she imagined.

This was a true regency romance. The plot was complicated, but not difficult to follow. The characters came alive on the pages and were relatable. I've read a ton of regency fiction and I really felt like the author got the genre and wrote with authenticity. This is a Christian novel and so the story line is clean and there are bits of faith woven throughout the story. I appreciated the way the author stayed true to the era while also making this a decent book that I can pass on to my daughter. Overall, this was a wonderful book that I really enjoyed and I look forward to reading more by this author.

I received a copy of this book from Litfuse Publicity. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: