Sunday, August 27, 2017

The Engagement Charade

The Engagement Charade
Smokey Mountain Matches #11
Karen Kirst
33155289
Ellie, a recent widow, has found a job working at a diner. She hopes to be able to leave the awful conditions of her in-laws home and move into town. But her boss is a grumpy, reclusive man who might cause some complications when he finds out her secret. And pretending to be engaged is a lot harder than it looks.

This was a super sweet, if not a bit predictable, story. The two main characters went well together.  I have read two of the books in the series, and recognized a couple of characters. But I definitely felt like this could be read as a stand alone and the reader not be lost. The little bit of drama and the large elements of faith were a plus to the plot and helped round out the story. Overall, I enjoyed reading this book and look forward to more by this author.

I received a copy of this book from NetGalley. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: