Friday, August 25, 2017

First Line Friday

Welcome to First Line Friday!

"My kitchen is painted yellow. Because yellow is the color of sunshine and of joy and because yellow is my favorite."

Daring to Hope by Katie Davis Majors
33916342
I haven't had a chance to read this book yet. But if it's anything like her last book, I'm in for a treat.

Now it’s your turn!

Grab the book nearest to you and leave a comment with the first line and then head over to see what First Lines these friends are sharing today:

 

If you would like to host First Line Fridays on your blog, contact
Carrie at Reading is my SuperPower.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks like a fantastic read that I need to check out! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.

I'm featuring "A Name Unknown" by Roseanna M. White on the blog today, but the closest book I have to me right now is "The Writing Desk" by Rachel Hauck.

"This should by night of triumph. To be queen of her world. An acclaimed, best-selling, award-winning author with the literati bowing at her feet."

Happy Weekend!

Becky said...

Definitely looking forward to this book! Loved her first book!
Happy Friday! My first line is from Destitutio by Brett Armstrong, which I am excited to start reading:
“The grisly, grey swirls churned up before Marcus, a thin mask to the merciless heat.”

Trisha said...

Yellow is a fantastic color for a kitchen! Looks like a really great book!

My first line this week is from Vow Unbroken by Caryl McAdoo
"He took the pinch of cotton Sue offered and rubbed it between his short, pudgy fingers."

Fiction Aficionado said...

Looks like it would be an interesting read!

I’ve got the first line from “Will Not See” by Chautona Havig over on my blog today. Since it’s the second book in the ‘Sight Unseen’ series, I thought I would share the first line (or two) from the first book in the series, “None So Blind”, here:

“Her arm stretched out from beneath the covers. Later, she would admit that in that moment her world changed irrevocably.”

Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good book!

I'm currently in the middle of reading Rule of Law by Randy Singer. It's not typically a genre (military/legal) I read, but it's so engaging. Here's the first line:

"They descended like vultures from the C-17 transport plane, silhouettes against a quarter moon in a tar-black sky."

Jessica Baker said...

I've had my eye on this book for awhile!! Happy Friday :)