Friday, August 11, 2017

First Line Friday

First Line Friday

I am super excited to be starting something fun with a bunch of fellow bloggers. The first book I've chosen is True to You by Becky Wade.
She's a relatively new author, but has quickly become one of my favorites for her humor, clean romance, and interesting plots.
32497077
"Finding oneself at the mercy of a crazed gunman isn't all fun and games."

Not exactly what you'd expect from a contemporary romance novel, is it?!
My review is HERE.

Now it’s your turn!

Grab the book nearest to you and leave a comment with the first line and then head over to see what First Lines these friends are sharing today:

Radiant Light / Reading is my Super Power / Robin's Nest / Singing Librarian Books / With a Joyful Noise / Kathleen Denly / A Baker's Perspective / Joy of Reading / Moments Dipped in Ink / C Jane Read / Molly's Cafinated-Reads / Romances of the Cross / It's Storytime With Van Daniker / Iola Goulton / Christian Fiction Girl Reviews Bibliophile Reviews / Bookworm Mama / Encouraging Words from the Tea Queen Faithfully Bookish /  Fiction Aficionado

If you would like to host First Line Fridays on your blog, contact
Carrie at Reading is my SuperPower.

8 comments:

Trisha said...

Hi Tima, I'm happy that you joined the #FLF group!True to You is a great story from Becky Wade. I'm looking forward to reading the next story that comes after this one too! I hope you have a wonderful weekend my dear friend!

Caryl Kane said...

WELCOME TO #FLF, TIMA!

Here is my first line:

Rebekah

In the fourth grade we made little rockets out of old film canisters, baking soda, and vinegar.
The Isaac Project by Sarah Monzon

Becky said...

LOVED this book!!!
Happy Friday!
My first line is from The Spinster & the Cowboy by Lena Nelson Dooley:
"When the sharp rap on his closed office door roused him, Joshua Dillinger raised his gaze from the legal document he had been studying with intense concentration."

Unknown said...

Oh I loved True to You by Becky Wade so much! Great first line.

I'm sharing about Three Wishes by Lisa T. Bergren over on my blog today, but I'm currently reading the sequel, Four Winds, so I'll share that here. :)

"Javier laughed and shook his head as we reached the top of the sand dune, Centinela loping in a wide circle around us. "I do not know if I can court a girl from the future and have a pet wolf," he said in Spanish. "That is a lot to ask of one man."

englishmysteriesblog said...

Welcome to the First Line Friday fun Tima! This is still a book on my Kindle that is waiting to be read. :) Have a lovely weekend!

JaneReads said...

This was such a good book. I've enjoyed all of Becky Wade's books.

Beth Erin said...

Welcome to FLF, Tima!!! I adore this book!

Sarah @ All The Book Blog Names Are Taken said...

Welcome to the group, Tima!