Saturday, June 10, 2017

The Writing Desk

The Writing Desk
Rachel Hauck
33098667
Tenley wrote an amazing best seller. Her father and grandfather were also best selling authors. So with the deadline for her next book looming, Tenley must make up her mind, go to Florida to help her estranged mother or go to Paris with her boyfriend. She needs inspiration to remove her roadblock. What she finds is nothing like she expected. An old desk with a stuck drawer, a local carpenter who wants the desk, and renewed relationships help change Tenley in ways she never imagined.

I loved this book. The cover is beautiful and the story captivating. The writer was able to convey the feelings of the main characters and write descriptive scenery that made me feel as if I was living the story with Tenley. The emotions were authentic and sometimes raw, but added depth to the plot. The characters were flawed, but the reader comes away from the book with a sense of understanding, conviction, and thoughtfulness. I felt some elements of faith woven throughout the book, but they were subtle. The author did a great job of weaving two stories, set in different times together. It flowed well and felt seamless. I think anyone who enjoys thought provoking, real stories will enjoy the story of this young author as she deals with family, writer's block, and conviction. Overall, a book that captivated me and I couldn't put down. Can't wait for her next book.

I received a copy of this book. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: