Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Peace in the Valley

Peace in the Valley
Double S Ranch #3
Ruth Logan Herne
30684815
Trey owes his life to Sam Stafford. His uncle rescued him from filth and neglect when he was just a toddler. Then Sam adopted him. So the while the man he calls his father may not be the nicest person, Trey feels obligated to come back and help when his father is ill. Trey is the only one that didn't appear to lose his faith, even when his wife died. He's a well known and popular musician who doesn't seem to have let it go to his head. But when he shows back he makes a horribly bad first impression on Lucy, his neighbor, by crashing into her van. Now he must prove to her that all musicians are bad.

Loved this book. I've been waiting for the third book in the series to come out and am now sad that I've read the last of this family. While I think the book would work well as a stand-alone, I've read the other two so would highly recommend starting with them to get the full story. I loved how the author used broken characters and showed how God can use them for good. She made each character stand out in a unique way so I didn't get lost, despite the numerous people that came into play. The subtle yet strong elements f faith that were woven into the story were inspiring. The romance was sweet, clean and heartwarming. Loved this series and can't wait to see what the author comes up with next.

I received a copy of this book from Blogging for Books. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: