Thursday, June 29, 2017

Butterfly Mandalas

Colorful Creations Butterfly Mandalas
Jess Volinski
31539281
If you follow my reviews, you will know I'm a huge fan of adult coloring books. So I'm getting a bit picky about what I like to color since I've had the privilege of reviewing so many different types. I thought this book was incredibly well put together and enjoyed coloring it. This particular book begins with some insights from the author on art and how to creatively express yourself. She shows shows examples of different ways to use color and links the various color palates to emotions. There are several pages devoted to the color wheel and how to use it to get the look you want. Then the first few coloring pages have the color wheel, palette examples and a small space to test out your own palette choices. On the left is a quote surrounded by a butterfly design to color and has a place for notes. The right side is the full color sheet with each design featuring flowers and butterflies. The book ends with some examples that the author has given where she colored the pages herself. The color pages are adult coloring style, but aren't so intricate that a mature child couldn't also enjoy them. My pre-teen daughter loves butterflies and enjoyed this book as well. Overall, if you love adult coloring books, this would be an excellent choice.

I received a copy of this book from Fox Chapel. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: