Friday, June 9, 2017

Ruth

Ruth
Drawn in Bible Study
Eugene H. Peterson
Each of us can learn from the stories presented in the Bible. Ruth shows us that we can rely on God and hold on to His hope. The bible study guide is designed to show the reader that each and every person has a place in God's beautiful story. The author begins with an brief introduction and then a chapter on how to get the most out of this study guide. Then each chapter contains some coloring pages that go with the theme, discussion questions, and the scripture passages from Ruth that fit with the questions. There are also little notes and thoughts inserted throughout by the author. At the end of each chapter is a section called Until We Meet Again followed by a Prayer. The book is designed to be colored, written in, and made personal by the owner. It can be used in a small group setting or for personal devotions.

I really liked this study guide. For some reason the cover didn't thrill me, but once I opened the pages I really started to enjoy it. The color pages are detailed enough so they feel perfect for an adult. The questions are thought provoking and insightful. I also really liked the author's thoughts interjected throughout. Overall, this was a nice book that I enjoyed using. But I also think it would make an excellent gift.

I received a copy of this book from Tyndale. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: