Saturday, June 3, 2017

The Touch

The Touch
Randall Wallace
11517652
Dr. Andrew Jones, a gifted surgeon, suffered a horrible tragedy. Now he works in the ER and teaches. But he refuses to do another surgery. Several years have passed and a Ms. Lara Blair is asking him to join her biomedical engineering company. She and her team are developing a special set of robotic hands that do not shake for difficult brain surgery. But they need a human hands to model the robot after. Dr. Jones clearly the surgeon for the job. But Ms. Blair can't seem to convince him to join her company.

The book started off with the touching tragedy and then moved on to the current time. When I started the book I had the thought that this book was going to profoundly affect me. The author had the characters expressing some deep and contemplative thoughts. But about half way through the book it took a slightly confusing turn and ended very cheesy and predictably. So while I absolutely loved the first half, I'm still not sure what to think about the last half. Overall, I would have to say I enjoyed the story and definitely enjoyed the spiritual thoughts and process of the characters and their lives. So if you enjoy medical stories, romance, and thought provoking spiritual thoughts than you might enjoy this book.

I received a copy of this book by Tyndale. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: