Saturday, April 29, 2017

A Temporary Family

A Temporary Family
Sherri Shackelford
31246966
Tilly is taking her three nieces to their new home, while her widowed sister stays to sell the family home and wrap up loose ends. When she is stranded at a stage coach station with Nolan she doesn't expect to be pretend married and worried about her life. Nolan is a loner who has no intention of ever having a relationship. So when he's forced to pretend to be married to Tilly to protect her from outlaws, he shocked to discover he likes the idea.

This was a novel plot idea and I thought it was very fun. The characters were unique and the suspense and drama kept me guessing. The author did a great job of portraying the two main characters and their relationship so it felt authentic and real. They were flawed, but likeable. The secondary characters added depth to the story as well. The scenery came alive with the descriptions and I loved the light elements of faith that were woven into the plot. I've enjoyed this author before and definitely look forward to reading more of her books.

I received a copy of this book. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: