Sunday, September 4, 2016

Until Harvest

Until Harvest
Appalachian Blessings #2
Sarah Loudin Thomas
23411531
Henry is in college when his father dies. He makes the decision to stay home for a while and help his mother, despite the fact that his mother wants him to go back to school. Henry's grief causes him to make some poor choices. But the friendship of Margaret brings some introspection into his life. And Margaret's little sister Mayfair tugs at his heartstrings.

I was super excited to read this book. I've loved the other two books by this author and wanted to revisit the characters. She didn't disappoint. The characters are deep and complex. The vivid descriptions pull the reader into the story and make it come alive. The theme of faith and the supernatural are strong, but tastefully written. I love the cover, the content, and the pure entertainment value I get when I read one of her stories. But I also like the heavier subject matter injected that makes me stop and think. The ending felt a little rushed and didn't have the same feel as the rest of the book, but overall, I enjoyed this book and I can't wait to get my hands on the next book in the series.

No comments: