Tuesday, December 5, 2017

The Calico and Cowboys Romance Collection

The Calico and Cowboys Romance Collection
Mary Connealy
34733833
The author has written eight novellas that are full of lighthearted adventure in the Old West. Each story is a stand-alone, but I have read some of the stories in other anthologies or they were a part of a previously read series. The ones that belonged to the series were using secondary characters that needed their own story, but it wasn't enough to make into a whole book. They all tied together by using one family as the main theme throughout. Even the one story that was contemporary had the Hardin family in its family tree. Each story was sweet, romantic, clean, historical, amusing, and faith based. While I enjoyed all of them, since I love this author, I did have a couple of favorites. His Surprise Family and and Hope for Christmas were my two favorites.

This author does a great job of setting the scene so that the reader feels a part of what is happening. Each story is all about romance, but there is some intrigue and drama as well. And each story has family and faith at the very heart. While faith is a very strong element, the reader doesn't feel preached to. The faith is a part of the characters and their lives. So while the characters are flawed, they are authentic and relatable. I really enjoy reading this author's books and can't wait for the next one.
I received a copy of this book from NetGalley. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: