Monday, December 18, 2017

Come & Eat

Come & Eat
A Celebration of Love and Grace Around the Everyday Table
Bri McKoy
33027994
As humans we crave relationships and meaningful interaction. But in our busy, stressed out lives we often miss opportunities to connect with those around us. The author draws from personal experiences to share how she enriched her life by gathering around the table to learn more about her friends and family and establish those meaningful connections. Each chapter begins with the thoughts and stories from the author. She pulls in scripture and the experiences of others as well. Sprinkled through out the chapter is helpful tips on how to implement what she is talking about. The chapter ends with a prayer for the table, questions for the table, and a recipe for the table. The book ends with several appendixes that have resources, thoughts, and a 21-day challenge. 

I really enjoyed reading this book. The author is authentic and down to earth. I didn't feel like the end result was unattainable. The questions and challenges fit with my family, but were just generic enough that I know they will work in the future as well. I've made a couple of the recipes so far. My family loved them. The instructions were easy enough to follow and the end result was delicious. I think every family would benefit from reading this book.

I received a copy of this book from BookLook Bloggers. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: