Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Compromised by the Prince's Touch

Compromised by the Prince's Touch
Bronwyn Scott
35569619
Prince Nikolay is exiled from his country of Russian because of his part in a rebellion. He's living in London with his friends, but misses his homeland so much. So when the Russian Ambassador's daughter asks for riding lessons, he agrees. He knows that he shouldn't, but he can't resist her smile. The plot thickens when he meets an earl associated with the ambassador and learns that another rebellion is afoot in Russia. He must play his cards carefully or he'll be accused of treason and lose his life and those he loves.

This book would probably be classified as a romance. But it was full of drama, suspense, and intrigue. There were spies, plots, traps, and politics involved throughout the entire story. The romance was an integral part, but was part of the intrigue. There were some bedroom scenes for those who prefer to read more clean novels. For some reason, despite all of the drama, I just couldn't get into the story. The two main characters didn't seem to connect or fit together well and I think this threw off the plot for me. I think readers who enjoy historical romance with suspense will enjoy the story. And since this author has always been a favorite in the past, I will continue to read her stories and assume this one just wasn't my style.

I received a copy of this book from NetGalley. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: