Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Understanding Color in Photography

Understanding Color in Photography
Bryan Peterson
33313364
I am an amateur photographer and am still learning so much about composition, exposure, and color. So I knew I had to read this book. The author begins with an introduction about himself, his photography journey, what he hopes the reader gains from the book, and what prompted him to write the book. The book is then divided up into four sections - Light, Exposure, And Color; Color and Composition; Color and Mood; and Using Tools to Enhance Color. Each page is filled with beautiful photographs by the author that help to showcase what technique or point he is trying to get across. The text is woven throughout these pictures. As a newer photographer, I felt that the writing was technical, but not so complicated that I was lost. 

I learned a lot from each section and feel like it has made me a better photographer. This book would be great for any camera or photographer enthusiast who wants a glimpse into the world of an amazing photographer. Even if you consider yourself a pro, there is always something new to learn. I will definitely be hanging on to this book.

I received a copy of this book from Blogging for Books. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: