Monday, October 16, 2017

A Far, Far Better Thing to Do

A Far, Far Better Thing to Do
A Lit Lover's Activity Book
Joelle Herr
Illustrated by Lindsey Spinks
31423312
 This book is best described by the introduction. I can offer no better words of my own.

"If you're reading this, chances are you're a card-carrying (library card, natch), TBR-stacking, unabashed book nerd. That you require both hands to count the number of times you've devoured your favorite classic novel. That you own more books than all of your other possessions combined. That you have a pet named after a literary character. That you imagined yourself as the mistress of Pemberley. That you know the book Pemberley is from without even having to think about it."

Since every single part of that description describes me, I had to have this book. And I loved every page. I couldn't stop showing pages of it to my family. There are activities, coloring pages, quotes, and so much more. The book is well designed, beautifully illustrated, and so much fun. This was perfect for those times that I couldn't fit in much reading, but had a few seconds to spare and wanted something to do. It is small and soft bound so that it fits easily into my purse, but not so tiny that my old eyes have to strain to see the pages. This was fun for me, but I also think it would make an excellent gift for that book lover on your Christmas list.

I received a copy of this book from Running Press. All thoughts expressed are my own.

**Stay tuned for a give-away tomorrow.**

No comments: