Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Newborn Promise

Your Newborn Promise Project
A Christian Pre-Parenting Primer for Husband and Wife
Callie Grand, Audra Haney, Charissa Kolar
30535643
The three authors write books for young children. As they were working on various books, they realized the great need for a book for parents before their new little one comes home. This book is written for new parents and acts as a primer for how to bring faith into the home and prepare the parents hearts for God. It acts as a gap stop between pre-marital counseling and when that bundle of joy arrives home from the hospital. Each chapter begins with a question, followed by an applicable scripture. Then follows the authors thoughts on how the scriptures answer the questions. Almost every chapter ends with a way that the parents can grow, learn, or make the lesson applicable.

While I no longer have a newborn, I remember those early days of parenting and wish I'd had this book then. Each chapter is well thought out and clearly written. While parts of it were a bit dry, I muscled through and learned a lot. As I was reading, I wished that there were questions at the end so that it would be easy to study with another new parent or a spouse. I later found out that it comes with a study guide. Overall, I think that parents of faith should grab a copy before their little one appears.

I received a copy of this book from Goodreads. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: