Saturday, February 4, 2017

The American Heiress

The American Heiress Brides Collection
Lisa Cox Carter, Mary Davis, Susanne Dietze, Anita Mae Draper, Patty Smith Hall, Cynthia Hickey, Lisa Karon Richardson, Lynette Sowell, Kimberley Woodhouse
30227528 
Nine authors have come together to write novellas about about wealthy heiresses in a sweet historical collection. Each story is tied into the book by the theme, but otherwise stands alone. Each author has brought her sense of writing style and strong Christian faith to play in the books. 

I enjoyed each of these stories. Each one was different and yet fit together. The characters were well developed and the surroundings and circumstances were well described. Each story was sweet, romantic, and had elements of faith. I also found quite a bit of humor in several of the stories, which I really enjoyed. Overall, I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys Christian historical fiction. It would also work if you are limited on time as each little novella stands alone.

I received a copy of this book from NetGalley. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: