Monday, February 13, 2017

Something Wild in Anchorage

Something Wild in Anchorage
Alaska Adventure Romance #5
Renee Hart
33371373
Lissa is a disaster waiting to happen. So she hopes that she can manage to hang on to her new job with the Fish and Game Department in Anchorage. But from the very beginning she is making mistakes and hurting other people. The only good thing is the friends she's made at a local coffee shop.  

I have the large print edition and it was still only 153 pages, so this is definitely a novella. Despite it being book five, it can be read as a stand-alone. I'm sure that characters fro the previous books are mentioned, but I didn't feel lost or notice references from previous books. The style of writing was very young adult and often made me feel like I was reading about high school characters instead of adults. Their interactions and conversations were puerile. I also noticed quite a few grammatical errors. I think the book has potential, it just needs some editing. Overall, this was not a story that I would choose to read again, but might interest my young daughter.

I received a copy of this book. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: