Saturday, February 25, 2017

Sweet Lake

Sweet Lake
Christine Nolfi
31340913
Linnie has been running the family inn for years after her brother's disappearance with most of the family money. The inn has been in the family for generations, but Linnie can't get her family to take her seriously. A male heir has always been in charge of the inn and they don't intend for Linnie to be the exception. Add a quirky group of older women, a man who has been in love with her for years, and the return of her prodigal brother and Linnie has a fight on her hands.

The book started out incredibly slow. There were a lot of major characters and I had a hard time differentiating them. I felt like I was reading the second book in a series and had missed the first one. There were a lot of details and I was lost for a bit. But about half way through the story, it picked up and I was able to put the pieces together. From there the plot flowed well and I caught the author's vision for where the story was going. It ended well, although not like I'd expected. Overall, this was an entertaining story with some great insights into the character of people that I think readers of women's fiction will really enjoy.

I received a copy of this book. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: