Monday, February 8, 2016

A Cliche Christmas

A Cliche Christmas
Nicole Deese
22645243
Georgia is known in Hollywood as the Holiday Goddess. She's famous for her screen plays of sentimental Christmas love stories. She's from a small town in Oregan, but hasn't been back for seven years. Every year for Christmas she takes her grandmother on a warm vacation. But when her grandmother calls and asks for a favor for a sick little girl, Georgia can't say no. So she returns to the small town where she was raised. And to the guy who she was in love with, but humiliated her. Can she forgive or will her past dictate her future?

This author was recommended by a favorite author friend of mine and so I had to check her out. I'm so glad I did. This book was sweet, romantic, and enjoyable. The characters, while flawed, had depth and were likable. The author did a great job of painting the surroundings so that I felt a part of the story. There was a thread of faith woven throughout the story, but it fit perfectly with the plot. The title fit the book well since it seems so full of cliches. But for some reason this was cute and didn't annoy me. Now I'm off to read her second book which takes a secondary character from this book.

1 comment:

book-me said...

This sounds great. Thanks for the great post.