Wednesday, December 24, 2014

The Viscount Who Lives Down the Lane



The Viscount Who Lives Down the Lane
Elizabeth Boyle
Louisa doesn't want to go to London for a season. But their late mother's friend has agreed to sponsor both Louisa and her sister, Lavinia. Lavinia is determined to go, so Louisa goes with her to help her find a husband. She insists on bringing her cat Hannibal. Hannibal is a crazy, demented cat who escapes the carriage upon arrival and races into the neighbor's house. That simple mishap helps to shape the girls entire time in London.

I was gifted this book as an ebook. I'll admit that I would never would have picked up this book with this cover. But since I was reading this as an ebook I didn't see the cover until I went to leave the review.

The plot was fun and light-hearted. The two main characters fit well together and were entertaining. But the secondary characters really added depth to the story. I'm a huge fan of romance and the author did a great job of mixing the romance with a little bit of drama and a whole lot of humor. My favorite parts were the parts with the crazy cat. Definitely a cute and funny book that made me want to check out the author's other books. Just ignore the cover!

No comments: