Sunday, September 24, 2017

Sex That Works

Sex That Works
Wendy Strgar
30962236
Sexual dysfunction in a marriage is very common. The author, coming from just such a situation, wrote this book in hopes of helping others to have wonderful sex lives. She has been married for many years and works as a sex therapist. She draws from her personal and professional experience to share stories and antidotes that help bring the message of sexual and mental healing.

I was not expecting this book to be so New Age. It definitely isn't Christian based. And while I'm normally okay with that, this was a little too much for me. There were some really good points about looking for the good in your spouse, loving unselfishly, etc. But the writing was so verbose that I often had to go back and re-read some portions. I shared a couple of paragraphs with a friend and they were able to sum it up in a couple of sentences. While the writing is eloquent and flows well, I think it might turn off some readers who are searching for help and don't want to wade into the deep end of examining their mental health. Overall, might be what someone is looking for, but didn't work for me.

I received a copy of this book from Goodreads. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: