Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Daring to Hope

Daring to Hope: 
Finding God's Goodness in the Broken and the Beautiful
Katie Davis Major
33916342
Katie Davis moved to Uganda, decided to stay, adopted a house full of girls, and learned more about herself and her faith than she ever dreamed possible. Despite tragedy, loss, messes, and inconvenience, she learned the beauty of opening ones heart to what God has in store. Life doesn't always go as we'd planned or hoped. But there is beauty in the broken, life in the dying.

I'd read Katie's previous book and absolutely loved it. So I was really excited to get my hands on this one. It didn't disappoint. Her writing style alone would have me devouring every book she writes. She fills her book with honesty about her fails and short comings, truth about how God leads, and beauty when she describes the wonderful chaos that is her family. I couldn't put the book down. While there is definitely strong faith elements, this book is perfect for anyone who wants to open their heart to adoption or the love of those around us. This book inspired, convicted, and warmed me. Her voice reminds me of Ann Voskamp, another favorite author. It's a book that I'll keep reading over and over to glean more from her insights. It definitely goes into the top 100 books list for me.

I received a copy of this book from Blogging for Books. All thoughts expressed are my own.

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Sounds like a great book! I'll have to look for it!