Sunday, September 10, 2017

An Amish Christmas Love

An Amish Christmas Love
Beth Wiseman, Amy Clipston, Ruth Reid, Kelly Irvin
33027813
Four authors came together to write sweet, romantic stories that were set during the Christmas holidays and featured Amish characters. Each story is separate and is tied with the others by the theme. The novellas will give new readers a taste of the author's writing style and a glimpse into what Amish fiction is like. Readers who have already enjoyed these authors will love the short, but good stories that are written by authors they love.

There were three stories that I really enjoyed and one that was just okay. I'll admit, I'm not a fan of full length bonnet fiction. But I can take it in small doses and I LOVE novellas, which is why I wanted to try this book out. Three of the stories felt well done for the short amount of space a novella gives. The other one needed a bit more fleshing out. Overall, I really enjoyed the book and am glad that I chose to read it. These stories are clean, sweet, romantic, and heartwarming. The authors did a great job of including the various aspects of faith and the Amish traditions.

I received a copy of this book from BookLook Bloggers. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: