Wednesday, August 30, 2017

The Last Di Sione

The Last Di Sione Claims His Prize
Maisey Yates
30687809
 Alex is the last Di Sione grandchild to be sent on a journey to find his grandfather's treasure. His request is for the painting of a disgraced royal. But when Alex goes to the island to retrieve the painting from the queen, he runs in to her daughter, Princess Gabriella. Gabby isn't anything like his vision of a princess. Neither are exactly thrilled when the queen sends them together on a hunt for the lost painting. 

I enjoyed reading the conclusion to the grandfather's quest for his lost "mistresses". I liked the quiet bookworm of a princess. The story flowed well and how I expected it to go. The author did a great job of tying everything up nicely. I believe the story could be read as a stand alone book, but would be enjoyed better if the previous books are read first. I wasn't fond of Alex, the main male character. His emotional maturity was lacking and I quickly became frustrated with his indecisiveness. I get where the author was trying to go with his emotions, but it just didn't connect with me. But overall, this was a fun read, and a nice conclusion to the series.

I received a copy of this book from NetGalley. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: