Tuesday, August 15, 2017

I'll Run

I'll Run till the Sun Goes Down
A Memoir About Depression & Discovering Art
David Sandum
25997894
David began experiencing stress related symptoms with work. Soon he was so immersed in depression that he was unable to work or even function. After multiple hospital stays and lots of different doctors and therapists, David found that painting was his therapy. 

I'm not usually a fan of memoirs, but this one was very interesting. I enjoyed the authors candid honesty about not only his issues, but his triumphs as well. The writing flows well and the details are clear and help tell the story. The author shares some hard emotions, but does so without bringing the story down or make the story "depressing". I actually learned a lot about mental illness and how patients and their families deal with the issues that surround it. I would recommend this book to art enthusiasts or anyone who is dealing from mental illness.

I received a copy of this book from Goodreads. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: