Wednesday, August 23, 2017

God's Crime Scene

God's Crime Scene For Kids
J. Warner Wallace and Susie Wallace
34448903
Jason has found a strange box in his grandmother's attic. The contents do not make sense, and it has a note addressed to him. He enlists the help of his friends from the Junior Detective's Academy to help him solve the mystery. Readers learn how to use clues to solve the mystery for Jason and to discover God in creation. The book is written in present tense with drawings that are almost cartoon like. Throughout the book are Detective Definitions, Dig Deep assignments, and Tools for becoming a better detective.  

I read the book, but also had my 9 yr old read it to get a perspective from the targeted age group. I was a little thrown off by the present tense wording, but it didn't seem to bother my daughter. She read the book, but didn't get involved in any of the extra activities that were provided for the reader. She said she liked it, but wasn't very engaged. It was "just a nice story". Since she is a huge fan of mysteries, this surprised me. This made me wonder if it was how the book was written, rather than the subject matter. Overall, it is a very neat concept that I think most kids will enjoy. But it didn't grab my daughter or I like we'd hoped.

I received a copy of this book from Litfuse Publicity. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: