Thursday, March 30, 2017

Created for Connection

Created for Connection
Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Dr. Sue Johnson and Kenneth Sanderfer
28449166
The two authors have taken their experiences as psychologist and emotional focused therapist and written a book designed for couples using the EFT method. EFT is Emotionally Focused Therapy the views the love relationship as an attachment bond. The couples are taught to find ways to grow and enrich the bond they have with each other. The authors give practical advice and tell stories from their experiences that help show the method they are encouraging.

The book was easy to read. The steps seemed easy to implement and the authors appeared knowledgeable about the topic. I found the book to be incredibly long and as it went on, more and more boring. While it was a well written book, it seemed more therapy focused and less self-help. Which would have been my reason for purchasing had I picked up the book. Overall, this might help couples who really don't realize that negative words towards their spouse are a bad thing, or someone who really needs their eyes opened. But it wasn't really something I found that I could benefit from.

I received a copy of this book from Goodreads. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: