Thursday, January 17, 2019

The Christmas Heirloom

The Christmas Heirloom
Kristi Hunter, Karen Witemeyer, Sarah Loudin Thomas, Becky Wade
38502331
The story begins with a broach that will be passed down to the next female in the family. The broach is considered to be of some value, but will can be sold due to the sentimental value that each woman places on it. As each woman navigates love, marriage, parenting, and trials that life brings, she holds on to the stories and lessons that are passed down from each previous generation.

I love novellas. And I love collections that tie together while written by different authors. So when I saw the author lineup (some of my favorite authors), I knew I had to read this book. It definitely didn't disappoint. Each author took the story of a broach and told how it was passed down to a female in the next generation. The authors told the part of the story that fit the time period they most often write about. Each story carries on from the last one, but is written in the authors own style. These are some big names in Christian fiction and to have them all collaborate on a beautiful Christmas story was amazing. If you haven't read some of these authors, this book will give you a glimpse into the time period they typically write in and their writing style. Loved this book and will be snagging a paper copy so I can reread it in the future.

I received a copy of this book. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: