Sunday, January 13, 2019

Code of Valor

Code of Valor
Blue Justice #3
Lynette Eason
40392248
Brady, a detective, is in serious need of a vacation. So he heads to a friend's cabin to spend some relaxing time at the lake. But when he hears a woman scream and sees an accident occur, he can't help, but rush to her rescue. What follows is definitely not relaxing or vacation like. But Brady St. John can't turn away from a person in need. 

The book started off with a huge bang and didn't let up the entire time. The characters were relatable, engaging, and had depth. The chemistry between the two main characters was great and fit well with the situation. I appreciated how the author wove subtle spiritual thoughts through the book without it becoming too strong or disturbing the flow of the plot. Somehow I missed getting my hands on the first two books of this series and so was a little worried that I would be lost coming into the middle. But that wasn't the case at all. While it was clear that there was a backstory to some of the secondary characters, it only added interest and depth, instead of losing me or distracting me. I've enjoyed everything I've read by this author and I think her books get better the more she writes. If you enjoy suspense, drama, and a little bit of clean romance then make sure you grab this book. But make sure you get the others in the series as well. 

I received a copy of this book from Revell Reads. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: