Friday, January 19, 2018

Devotions for the Hungry Heart

Devotions for the Hungry Heart
Chasing Jesus Six Days from Sunday
Shellie Rushing Tomlinson
35398258
The author has written a devotional style book with twenty weeks of readings that reflect the author's journey to a hunger for God. She focuses on six themes that include Sharing, Praying, and Celebrating. The book is hardcover and includes a ribbon bookmark and recipes in the middle. The recipes are on glossy paper and have pictures.

My first thoughts were extremely positive when viewing this book. I loved the cover. The colors and design really drew my attention. It's definitely wrapped in a beautiful package. The recipes were an odd, but nice addition. They aren't unique or super complicated, but seem to be more in the style of comfort food. Each day begins with a story and ends with a scripture that the author thinks fits with her story. I didn't really get the devotional vibe. It was more like reading the thoughts of a diary that had a faith base. Overall, I think this is a neat book, but wouldn't use it as a devotional.

I received a copy of this book from Barbour Publishing. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: