Saturday, May 13, 2017

What Hope Remembers

What Hope Remembers
Misty Willows #3
Johnnie Alexander
32510897
Amy Somers is now back home in Misty Willow. She's staying in her grandmother's cottage while she regroups and tries to figure out where she's headed in life. She misses the big city in some ways, but she can't go back to who she was and what she did. When she sees Gabe again after many years, she pretends she doesn't know him. It isn't because of his recent release from prison. It's because she needs to protect her heart. And who would want her anyway, when they realize what type of person she is.

This was a sweet, but complicated story. I've read one of the previous books, so I knew the characters. But it took me a few chapters to refresh my memory and place everyone again. There are still complications going on with the land and the people who live there. The author added drama, a little bit of mystery, and lots of faith and romance. The characters fit their parts well and played off of each other to the benefit of the plot. I enjoyed the story, although it did have some sad elements. Overall, readers who enjoy Christian fiction with a touch of drama and sweet romance will enjoy this book.

I received a copy of this book from Revell Reads. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: