Sunday, May 14, 2017

The Glory of the Messiah

The Glory of the Messiah
An Adult Coloring Book
Susan Perlman and Shelley Skoropinski
31580659
The Old Testament scriptures pointed to a Messiah who would come and rescue the world. The author and the artist were raised in Jewish homes and came into this collaboration with a background of looking towards the Messiah. The left pages contain a Hebrew word to color, the interpretation of the word and then a thought and scripture to tie them together. The right pages are the coloring pages that fit with the Hebrew word on the preceding page.

The book could be used as a supplement to a devotional since it follows a theme and has key words and scriptures. I liked the concept of the book and thought it was unique and interesting. The drawings are more simplistic and large than I am used to coloring, but I think they fit well with the theme and were still enjoyable. The pages are thick card stock and didn't bleed or have any ghosting, even when I used markers and gel pens. Overall, this was a great book that I enjoyed working through. It would also make an excellent gift.

I received a copy of this book from Bethany House Publishers. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: