Monday, February 27, 2017

Rescue Me

Rescue Me
Susan May Warren
30259142
Sam Brooks, a deputy and member of PEAK rescue, is determined to make his relationship with Sierra work. But when her younger sister Willow keeps showing up, he has a hard time accepting that the perfect life he had outlined, might not be what's best for him. Willow shows him how to live life to the fullest and to forgive. Willow might be showing Sam where he needs to change, but she has some changes in her own life that desperately need to happen before she can move on as well.


The author has a pattern of writing about multiple couples in each book. A two in one romance type of thing. But this worked against me this time. I really couldn't keep everyone straight. I had to keep stopping to remind myself who went with whom and who was mad at whom again and again. It was incredibly confusing. I'd read the first book in the series, but it's been long enough that I'd forgotten portions and had to go back and flip through to remind myself what happened. So I wouldn't recommend this book as a stand-alone. Overall it was well written and had an interesting plot. I liked the spiritual thoughts that were spread liberally throughout the book. But the multiple characters and massive amounts of emotional drama just didn't do it for me this time. Because I couldn't connect with the characters, I felt more frustration at their antics than empathy. If you enjoy lots of angst and emotional drama with a splash of suspense and lots of spiritual moments than this would definitely be a book you would enjoy.

I received a copy of this book from Revell Reads. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: