Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Control Girl

Control Girl
Lesson on Surrendering Your Burden of Control from Seven Women in the Bible
Shannon Popkin
33983970
Does a lack of control make you break out in hives? Are you often frustrated, angry, or stressed because things aren't going according to plan. Does the chaos of life throw you into a tailspin? Than I have a book for you. The author has shared from her experiences and personal Bible studies on the subject so that we can learn from her mistakes and from the wisdom of the Bible to get a handle on our control issues. Each chapter begins with a personal story from the author. This is followed by a passage of scripture to look up and read that will go with the lesson. The author then expounds on the verses and ends with some questions and thoughts to ponder. At the end of each chapter is a few verses for meditation.

I loved this book. And it came at a time when I really needed it. I enjoyed it so much that I purchased a copy for a friend. The author does a great job of making the topics personal and relatable. I felt like she was speaking directly to me while reading. The book would work well as a personal study book, but would also be perfect for a small group or women's Bible study. Definitely a 5 star book, in my opinion.

I received a copy of this book from Litfuse. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: